Spring is here! It’s time for eggs! Easter eggs and dragon eggs and a surprise egg! Dragon’s Extraordinary Egg is the newest modern gem in Bookwyrm’s hoard of dragon books for you!
- By Debi Gliori, published in 2013, Bloomsbury Children’s Books
- A delightful twist on the traditional “find a dragon egg” story
- Anthropomorphic creatures — dragons and penguins
- Best as a read aloud, ages 4+ (complex story line and depth that older children & adults will enjoy as well!)
Some questions & ideas to discuss:
Questions before you read —
- What do you think this story is about?
- Where do dragons live?
During & after you read —
- Notice the cover of the book — what other books do this?
- Notice the use of different fonts
- Discuss the line “sometimes things happen for a reason” and how it applies to our lives
- What was Little One given? Are those things everybody needs?
- If you found an egg, what could hatch out of it?
- Discuss the back cover’s “Families hatch in all kinds of ways” and how your family “hatched”
Bookwyrm gives Dragon’s Extraordinary Egg 5 stars for being a well-crafted tale with wonderful messages for every parent & child.