“Read. Discuss. Do!” is social media campaign to encourage celebrating books beyond the initial reading. Check out Laura Sassi’s article READ. DISCUSS. DO! New Social Media Campaign Celebrates READING and BEYOND! and Rebecca J Gomez’s Storytime Isn’t Just for Libraries or Classrooms to read about the #readdiscussdo initiative!
READ Look Out! It’s a Dragon!
Some bits Bookwyrm wants you to know:
- Look Out! It’s a Dragon! is a brand new shiny published in 2018.
- Beautiful painted/cut out illustrations (reminiscent of Eric Carle’s Very Hungry Caterpillar)
- Fun sizing and movement of text for emphasis
- Enjoyable both as a read-aloud or a read to self
DISCUSS Look Out! It’s a Dragon!
Some questions & ideas to discuss:
- Do you think it was easy for Sapphire to leave the cold mountains?
- Why doesn’t Mouse want Sapphire to stay?
- What do you think made Sapphire sneeze?
- Why does Sapphire rescue the animals after they sent her away?
- What makes a happy home?
DO the Look Out! It’s a Dragon! activity.
Act out the story with several little stuffed animals and one great big one to be Sapphire!
What storybooks have your children enjoyed acting out? Any with dragons?