Instead of sending food scraps to the landfill while picking up a plastic bottle of chemical-laden fertilizer for your garden, compost. From our Dragon’s Eye View, that’s a win-win for everyone!
Download this week’s #abcblogging freebie: Compost List printable, hang it up in the kitchen, and get started.
Here are some great links to give you more information:
- My Kids Adventures: 5 fun composting projects to get you started
- Mommy Moment: easy-to-read basic article with a great graphic
- A Cotton Kandi Life: A very cool contained compost bin build a clear plastic bin and wire shoe rack from Target, also a whole summer gardening unit for toddlers
- Queen Bee Coupons: If you are interested in worm composting, this is an awesome way to get started
- Confessions of a Composter: Info on composting pet waste, as well as lots of other helpful tips
- Orison Orchards: When you’re ready to move beyond just composting — check out this excellent article on permaculture
Also, your county might offer composting workshops, or sell composting bins at a minimal price. Some cities even offer composting, particularly of yard waste.
So, get started on making “black gold” today with your free Compost List <<– just click here to download!
Are you participating in the Blogging through the Alphabet Challenge? Leave a comment so I can visit your letter C post!
You can find all the participants to the Blogging through the Alphabet Challenge Letter C HERE!
Dragon’s Eye View Blogging Through the Alphabet posts:
A is for Alphabet — lowercase alphabet cursive printable
B is for Books — Book Tree Book Log
C is for Compost — Compost List